Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scense Client takes a long time to close
During a log off or a shut down, the Scense Client takes a lot of time to close. Windows reports:
  • "1 Program Still needs to close".
Problem solvedĀ in Scense 8.2.2565.
(07-15-2015, 08:42 AM)Richard Wrote: During a log off or a shut down, the Scense Client takes a lot of time to close. Windows reports:

• "1 Program Still needs to close".
Problem solvedĀ in Scense 8.2.2565.

Hi,

i'm afraid the problem has returned. We're running client version 10.0 build 3400 and have the above problem.
The program is Scense client itself...
VM's (with logoff script) and physical (without logoff script), stop on this error and wont shutdown unless someone presses the buttons to force shutdown. Users get disconnected and don't see that message, As a result they cannot connect to their VMs the next day with a message that the system is still shutting down (or logging off). Any ideas what's (we did) wrong?

For now i logon locally with an admin account and force the machine to logoff, the other option is thru GPO and force shutdown as soon as logoff/restart is pressed but then unsaved work will be immediately lost.
Hi, did i post at the wrong spot/location?
Hi Timo,

In this forum you can post information and questions to the forum members (the community).
This community will (if they feel like it) react to your post (or not).

If you have a support question on which you like a timely response, i suggest going through the official support channels:
- email: support@appixoft.com
- form: www.appixoft.com/support

Ok, now that we have the official stuff out of our way I can do an attempt to answer your question.
The problem that was solved in Scense 8.2.2565 was actually causing the Scense Client to keep running during a logoff or shutdown, after completely finishing the logoff script, under specific conditions.
At that time this was a problem that could be reproduced by a very small number of users.
The fix seemed to be quite effective because we have had no recurrence of this problem ever since.

It is my belief that what you are experiencing is similarly looking behavior, but caused by content instead of a bug.
With this i mean to say that there is probably a task running as part of a (logoff-) script that keeps the Scense Client from terminating.
If you find this task you probably have solved the problem.
To find the cause i suggest that you switch on the Scense Client 'debug log' and reproduce the problem.
When you get to the point that the Scense Client is not terminating you should try to either cancel the logoff process so you can access the debug log within this session, OR try to access the debug log remotely while the Scense Client remains in this running state.
Remember that Scense Client will remove the previous debug log when starting a new session.

I suggest that we continue our communication over email (support@appixoft.com) and post the final solution of this issue to the forum.

Regards,
Richard